Oasis Consulting Services is currently hiring an Environmental Technician, Level I to support our Macon, Georgia office and middle Georgia region. Applicants will be responsible field testing of lead-based paint, asbestos containing materials, water/soil/air quality. Applicants will also be responsible for inspections and daily reporting. Because of the nature of this position, it will largely be outdoors. Position also requires travel as-needed.
- Assists Engineers, Geologists, and other Professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
- Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and take samples and perform tests.
Oasis offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, Personal Time Off (PTO), paternal leave, short and long-term disability, and direct deposit. Oasis Construction Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Requires high school diploma/GED
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
- Following certificates are a plus, but not required: OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER, Lead-Based Paint Inspector, Asbestos-Containing Materials Inspector
- Applicant will be required to pursue certification as part of position requirements.