Responsible for all activities related to our in-house AASHTO-certified geotechnical and construction materials testing laboratory for soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt.
- Maintain laboratory safety and certification standards.
- Ensure all testing is complete in a timely manner.
- Perform laboratory testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications.
- Communicate laboratory testing results with project management staff and clients.
- Calibrate of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- Oversee the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials preferred;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work in varying environments, including in a laboratory and outdoor setting.
- The following certifications are a plus: ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician, Concrete Lab Testing Technician, Aggregate Testing Technician Ability to obtain certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT)