Responsible for all activities related to our in-house AASHTO-certified geotechnical and construction materials testing laboratory for soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt.
- Maintain laboratory safety and certification standards.
- Ensure all testing is complete in a timely manner.
- Perform laboratory testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications.
- Communicate laboratory testing results with project management staff and clients.
- Calibrate of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- Oversee the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
Oasis Construction Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials preferred;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work in varying environments, including in a laboratory and outdoor setting.
- The following certifications are a plus: ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician, Concrete Lab Testing Technician, Aggregate Testing Technician Ability to obtain certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT)