Former Fort McPherson – U.S. Army Base
Atlanta, GA | 2016 – Ongoing
Scope of Services
- Limited Asbestos-Containing Materials Surveys of 50+ Buildings to Date
- Lead-Based Paint Surveys of 50+ Buildings to Date
- Asbestos and Lead-Based Paint Operations & Maintenance Plans
- Technical Review:
- Environmental Strategies
- Technical Investigations
- Engineering Documents
- Regulatory Support
- Brownfields Support
- Prospective Purchaser Corrective Action Plan (PPCAP)
- Remediation Cost Evaluation
Oasis performed limited asbestos surveys and lead-based paint investigations and developed fifty (50) Asbestos/Lead-Based Paint Operations & Maintenance Plans for use by MILRA to facilitate tenant use of old historic buildings by managing these materials in-place. Oasis also facilitated the reuse of the existing brownfield properties while maintaining the historical significance of the area.
All field work and report preparation for eighteen (18) of these Operations & Maintenance Plans was completed in less than two months
As part of the BRAC program, Fort McPherson Military Base ceased military operations in 2011. Oasis has been providing the following environmental consulting services since 2016:
- Oversee the Army and ACOE with investigation and remediation of the priority FOSET parcels.
- Oversee the Army’s transfer of priority FOSET parcels to FOST.
- Oversee any remediation by the Army and their contractors.
- Assist MILRA with moving priority parcels into the Georgia Brownfield Program.
- Continue the management of environmental issues during eventual FOST redevelopment.
- Assist MILRA with developing a strategy with regard to environmental negotiations with the GAEPD Brownfield and Federal Facilities Groups.