Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority – Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Relief (CBDG-DR) Grant Applications
St. Croix and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | 2013 – Ongoing
Scope of Services
- Grant Application Preparation
- NEPA HUD Environmental Reviews
- Coordination between the Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority (VIWMA), Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority, Virgin Islands Dept. of Planning & Natural Resources, and the Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental testing of soil and groundwater at proposed new landfills
- Geotechnical testing of soil and rock for site suitability at proposed new landfills
- Site Suitability Reporting
- Landfill Compliance Monitoring
Grant applications were recently approved by the Virgin Islands Housing and Finance Authority (VIHFA). Oasis is currently overseeing the initial environmental review process and will manage the preparation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Categorically Exempt Subject to Part 58 (CEST) or Environmental Assessments (EAs) as necessary for each of the approved convenience center sites.
Oasis Construction Services, Inc. (Oasis) has been serving the Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority (VIWMA) since 2007, and has been performing compliance monitoring of the landfills on the Islands of St. Thomas and St. Croix since 2013.
In 2019, Oasis started assisting VIWMA in the search and siting for a new landfill on St. Croix. Services include environmental testing of soil and groundwater, as well as geotechnical testing of soil and rock, for proposed landfill locations. Oasis also completed a Site Suitability Report for one of the proposed landfill locations.
In 2020, Oasis additionally prepared several Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Relief (CDBG-DR) grant applications for the Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority on behalf of VIWMA. Grant applications were prepared for the development of five convenience center locations for community waste disposal on the Islands of St. Croix and St. Thomas.