Oasis Consulting Services is looking for a construction materials testing Technician (Level I). Applicants will be responsible for construction quality assurance field testing of soil, concrete, masonry, asphalt and geosynthetics. Applicants will also be responsible for inspections, monitoring contractor activities and daily reporting. Entry-level applicants are encouraged to apply — we will train you and offer certification reimbursement for advancement. This position is based on-site, typically outdoors, and can call for long work hours and potentially weekend work. Positions may also require travel and extended stays out of town; willingness to travel is a must.
- Assists Engineers and other Professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
- Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and take samples and perform tests.
- Requires high school diploma/GED
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
- Following certificates are a plus, but not required: ACI, NICET, RTT, GSWCC, ICC, OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER, and Nuclear Gauge Certification.
- Applicant will be required to pursue certification as part of position requirements.
Oasis offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, Personal Time Off (PTO), paternity leave, short and long-term disability, and direct deposit.
Oasis Construction Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.